As exciting as it can be to meet new people, sometimes you simply want a more intimate gathering without strangers around. Whether it’s with your colleagues and clients or family and friends, we can help you create a special event. Searching for something romantic? With no one else around to interfere with your quality time together, our Private 1-Hour Canal Tour is perfect for couples as well!
A Brief Description
Duration: 1 hour
Availability: daily between 10AM and 10PM
Amount of guests: max 4 persons (normally max 10)
Enjoy the Canal Tour of a Lifetime!
Itinerary and Pickup Location
- Your skipper will pick you up in the city center at the location of your choice
- You’ll have a special chance to discover the smaller canals of the Jordaan area and canal district
- After the tour, you will be dropped off at the location of your choice
Check out our recommended pick up locations below, click on the toggle. Click on the link to see it on Google maps.
We can pick you up anywhere within the city centre. Perhaps your hotel? Otherwise we can also recommend the following addresses:
- Central Canal District (Prinsengracht 375)
- Singel North (Singel 5)
- Singel South (flower market) (Singel 446)
- Homo Monument (Keizersgracht 179)
- Near Dam Square (Singel 258)
- Near Haarlemmerstraat shopping (Herenmarkt)
- Leidseplein (Leidsekade 101)
- Museum van Loon (Keizersgracht 672)
- Golden Bend (Herengracht 466)
- Near Utrechtsestraat shopping (Amstelveld 10)
- Near Rembrandt square (Amstel 178)
- Hermitage (Amstel 51)
- City hall / stopera (Amstel 180)
- Carré theatre (Amstel 115)
- Cafe Waterkant (Marnixstraat 246)
- Jordaan district (Lijnbaansgracht 156)
- Heineken Experience (Stadhouderskade 78)
- Waterloo square (Zwanenburgwal 36)
- Central Station (Stationsplein 51 – 53)
- Museum district (Museumstraat 1)
On this tour, you’ll spend 1 whole hour on the water.
Please dress according to the weather. It can change quickly in Amsterdam, so layers are always best!
The tour will continue in all weather conditions except for strong winds. If you need to cancel, please do so at least 4 hours prior to your tour’s scheduled start time.
Please make your tour reservation at least 24 hours before your preferred start time.
What to expect on your tour
On this special Private 1-Hour Canal Tour, you’ll discover the canals of Amsterdam like never before. Join skipper Paap on his legendary cruise through the quaint and peaceful canals of Amsterdam’s beautiful Jordaan area. We can easily adapt the tour to your wishes and needs.
Perhaps you have a dinner reservation and would like to be whisked away straight from the restaurant after dessert. Or maybe you’d like to stretch your legs at one of the city’s many famed museums after your time on the water. No problem! We can adjust the departure and drop off locations according to your schedule.
Additionally, if there’s anything specific on your Amsterdam bucket list that you’d like to see, you can discuss this with your skipper. As long as it fits within the timeframe of the Private 1-Hour Canal Tour, we are happy to oblige. This is a wonderful way to make the most of your time in the city with the help of friendly and experienced locals. There is really no other experience in Amsterdam quite like it! You are guaranteed to create lasting memories that you’ll cherish for years to come.
Our boats are intimate, luxurious, and peaceful, so you can enjoy the city in comfort and style. The Private 90-Minute Canal Tour is completely customizable. Your local tour guide boasts more than 20 years of experience and can easily help you create a unique route.
Our lovely boat is electric, which makes it quiet enough for you to hear the gentle lapping of the water. The boat also features a retractable roof, so you’ll be comfortable whatever the weather.
A fridge is handily available for your snacks and drinks, which you are welcome to bring on board. With all these fabulous features in mind, it’s no wonder that we are one of the leading companies for boat tours in Amsterdam!
- Family Owned & Operated
- Specialized Skipper/Guide
- Licensed & Insured Company
- All Major Credit Cards Accepted
Read what our guests love about our tours
Frequently Asked Questions
Normally we have a maximum of 10 guests per tour. Because of Corona, we only allow a max of 4 persons per tour at the moment.
Yes, you are allowed to bring your dog on the private tours. Please rate us on Bringfido.com
Yes, you are allowed to bring a stroller.
- We disinfect the boat after every tour.
- The skipper doesn’t shake guests.
- There’s a 1,5 m distance between skipper and guests.
- We have hand-sanitiser available.
- Mouth masks are available